Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Finally Headed in the Right Direction...

So it has been a long while since I've posted... At the beginning of 2018... I finally was able to qualify to get pre-approved for my home loan. I've been honest with you that my income is low... So I am sharing that my max budget for my home is $70,000. I am qualified as a first time buyer with a USDA loan (I had to research to see what this meant).  Basically I don't have to put any $ down and to qualify you must have a lower income. BUT... you must look in only certain townships (rural mostly) and most listings won't accept it... Most are for FHA conventional and cash.

Because it is a FIXER UPPER gone crazy market out there now. So many people are house flipping. So anything that hits the market that is low gets taken IMMEDIATELY!

I search everyday online and am sad to admit that I've only seen 2 houses with my realtor. I've done drivebys and plenty of online searching. The houses in this low price range are in very poor shape. I feel I can handle some fixer upper skills myself. But I also know my limits of what I can achieve myself.

But I can't give up! I need to stop renting. I want my home! So any advice or suggestions I would appreciate... For knowledge is power!


Here are some pics for inspiration for the time being until I start renovations on the future house.

One house I wish I could of seen the inside of before it was .... gone.

This one was in a flood zone and the insurance would've been higher 
and my realtor said that it was in very poor shape inside... Oh well.

Some floor tile that looks like wood I found at Lowes. 
I will definitely consider this if my home needs new flooring .


Bye for now...
Hopefully I am able to post some good news soon! 
Then the fun part starts... 
Transforming and Decorating my NEW HOME!


No comments:

Post a Comment